…, because you would, if a customer found it first and an ensuing situation resulted in a fall and compensation claim. What you need is a way to ensure that staff are regularly checking the venue so that the spill is dealt with before any mishap occurs – a tool to track and log travel-paths and zone-checks.
VALID8 is a Bluetooth-enabled, zone and travel-path tracking system that utlilises state-of-the-art Apple iBeacon technology. This technology allows VALID8 to be installed with the minimum of fuss and alleviates the need for costly cabling, PC gateways and servers.
VALID8 ensures that key or sensitive zones are visited by members of staff, or security, as part of operational KPI’S: to safeguard against hazards or hindrance; to track established Surveillance or Travel-Path routes through the venue. Detectors in each key zone identify and log unique ID’s on a fob carried by any staff member, tracking the date and time of each visit. Zone status is displayed on a map of the venue, on any wireless device, in a simple traffic-light format, indicating if zones are OK or overdue.
Some key benefits of using VALID8 are:
- Bluetooth iBeacons and detectors are simple and cheap to install
- No additional PC or server required to run and integrates seamlessly with LOC8, The Smart Table and Order Locator.
- Zone-check scheduling and logging for Health & Safety compliance and/or verification of intox-sweeps for RGL/Liquor Licensing compliance.
- Track and manage internal KPI’s for staff/security travel-path or venue checks
- Logs are pushed to a cloud-based service providing downloadable transcripts for compliance or legal verification purposes.
- Safeguard against potential Health and Safety Liability Claims or RGL/LEU Penalties by an ability to prove regular zone checks.
Persons conducting a business or undertaking who have management or control of a workplace must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the workplace, the means of entering and exiting the workplace and anything arising from the workplace is without health and safety risks to any person.
[Safe Work Australia, Code of Practice – Managing the Work Environment and Facilities, p4]
The bottom line in your operation is to provide the best customer experience possible for your patrons, but not to fall foul of possible litigation or penalties due to an inability to substantiate regular zone checks. Ensure your operations are fully compliant and have the peace of mind that operational travel-paths can be captured and brought into evidence if required.
When it comes to ensuring and proving zone-checks: Don’t guess it, VALID8 it.