About this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement applies to your use of the web site of 21st Century Business Equipment (ABN 91 009 188 489).
Information technology continues to present new and exciting opportunities. However, many people are concerned about how their personal information will be used. We recognise that our users may have concerns about their privacy and confidentiality whilst online. We are committed to ensuring the privacy of our users whilst using our web site.
The following Privacy Statement has been published to provide a clear and concise outline of how and when information is collected, stored and distributed by 21st Century Business Equipment.
- 21st Century Business Equipment will not provide any information which you give us to any other organisation or individual unless :-
- required by law;
- is authorised by law (eg to protect our interests or where we have a duty to the public to disclose);or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
- Subject to the law, we will always attempt to notify you first, if we do.
Note there may be circumstances in which we consider a client, by his or her actions, to have released us from our duty of confidentiality or has consented to the disclosure of information about him or her without actually saying so. As with most business organisations, we do sometimes use third party suppliers (agents) to conduct specialised activities. These agents act on behalf of us and may facilitate their own commercial agendas whilst processing your information. While personal information may be provided to these agents to enable them to perform their agreed tasks, all information remains the property of us at all times. These agents organisations may also be bound by their own specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- required by law;
- 21st Century Business Equipment collects informtation on customers from :-
- help desk records;
- web site activity for statistical purposes (such as the number of users who visit the web site, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country and what systems users have used to access the site and, when entering our web site from another web site, the address of that web site) through the use of 'cookies'. This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide 21st Century Business Equipment with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our web site.
- Customer information requests;
- help desk records;
- The nature of personal information collected and maintained by 21st Century Business Equipment generally comprises name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail), products and previous services supplied from us. Personal information is collected for the purposes of establishing and building a business and services relationship with you. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking.
- 21st Century Business Equipment undertakes not to sell, rent or trade your personal information, unless required as stated above.
- 21st Century Business Equipment will comply with the Federal Privacy Commissioner's prevailing Privacy Principles in all respects, and in particular will not misuse your personal information for marketing.
- You can request us to provide you with access to the information we hold about you. If we are able to, we will provide you with access. A fee may apply to such access. If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. 21st Century Business Equipment wishes to ensure that such details are always correct and up-to-date, and will amend any inaccuracies or changes to details on request.
- If you would like further information regarding this Privacy Statement or if you think we have breached any aspect of this Privacy Statement, please Contact Us.